My posts may contain affiliate links, meaning if you buy something through one of these links, I'll earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions are my own.
Learning to love yourself is never easy. Read on for a list of 100 things to love – or learn to love – about yourself.
I was doing a journaling exercise the other day and was prompted with the question: What three things will you love about yourself this year? And honestly – I had to think about it for a while. For the first time in my life I was prompted to think about how I can achieve self love, rather than just why loving yourself may in fact be a good idea.
If you’re anything like me, loving yourself isn’t something that comes naturally. It’s something you have to work towards, because you know the benefits that will come from it. It’s something you have to prioritise, because if you don’t then the negative self-talk will start creeping back into your life.
Loving yourself a skill – a skill that can be practised using techniques such as journaling and meditation. And like any other skill, you must practise regularly to keep it strong.
I encourage you to choose 5 things you love about yourself and write them down, before writing down 5 things you wish to learn to love about yourself. You can do this exercise every week or every month if you feel it will benefit you. Feel free to use this list of 100 things to love about yourself as inspiration.
100 Things to Love About Yourself
1. Your smile.
2. Your sense of humour.
3. Your patience.
4. Your honesty.
5. Your ability to pick yourself up when things go wrong.
6. Your creativity.
7. Your love of learning.
8. Your laugh.
9. Your ability to adapt to change.
10. Your ability to face your fears.
11. Your drive.
12. Your ability to reinvent yourself.
13. Your body, and everything it does for you.
14. Your cooking skills.
15. The person you’ve become through all the hard times you’ve been through.
16. Your morals.
17. Your taste in music.
18. The way that all your friends know you’re there for them if you need them.
19. Your love of animals.
20. Your confidence.
21. Your secret aspirations, that no one else knows about.
22. Your passions.
23. The fact that anyone would be lucky to call you a friend or family member.
24. Your tenacity.
25. Your anxieties.
26. Your sense of style.
27. Your determination.
28. The fact that you make mistakes every day.
29. The fact that you prioritise your health.
30. Your imperfections.
31. The fact that you love going on adventures.
32. The way you’ve designed your home.
33. Your love of reading.
34. Your memory.
35. Your priorities.
36. Your vision for how you want your life to be.
37. Your strange interests that no one else understands.
38. Your intelligence.
39. Your love of travelling.
40. The fact that you work on yourself every day.
41. Your ability to never give up on your goals.
42. Your personality.
43. Your taste in books.
44. All your failures, as they led you to where you are now.
45. Your ability to relax when you need to.
46. The way you positively influence everyone around you.
47. Your weird quirks that people make fun of.
48. Your emotional strength.
49. Your love for trying new things.
50. Your voice.
51. Your ability to do what’s best for you.
52. The way that you look after your body.
53. The fact that you’re continuously improving yourself.
54. Your ability to forgive.
55. Your ability to say no.
56. Your desire to do more with your life.
57. Your ability to love others.
58. Your attention to detail.
59. Your skin.
60. How you look after yourself on your bad days.
61. Your ability to take a leap of faith into the unknown.
62. Your ability to make yourself do things you don’t want to.
63. Everything you’ve learned up until this point.
64. Your ability to form habits.
65. Your love for hot drinks.
66. Your ability to find a positive in every situation.
67. Your ability to never give up on your goals.
68. The fact that you can get better at everything, with practice.
69. Your ability to stand up for what’s right.
70. Your ability to feel a wide range of emotions.
71. Everything you struggle with, and the fact you fight through it every day.
72. Your ability to set boundaries.
73. Your ability to become obsessed with things.
74. Your hair, and its natural colour and texture.
75. Your competitive nature.
76. Your weaknesses.
77. Your individuality.
78. Your love of nature.
79. Your ability to see both sides of an argument.
80. Your mind’s ability to forget the hard times, and remember the good ones.
81. The way you’re learning to take better care of yourself.
82. Your favourite colour.
83. Your ability to work hard, even when you don’t feel like it.
84. Your eyes.
85. Your ability to follow your heart.
86. Your ability to follow your mind.
87. Your love for good food.
88. Your reliability.
89. The fact that you treat people the way you want to be treated.
90. Your ability to create.
91. Your ability to grow from your failures.
92. Your desire to make a difference everywhere you go.
93. Everything you hate.
94. Your ability to do anything you want with your life.
95. Your belief system.
96. Your ability to admit when you’re wrong.
97. Your desire to fit in – it’s normal!
98. The way you love and take care of your surroundings.
99. The fact you invest in things you believe will bring value to your life.
100. The fact that you’re learning to love yourself, even though it’s hard.
- 100 Positive Affirmations to Change Your Life
- 25 Journal Prompts for When You Feel Overwhelmed
- How To Remove Negative Energy From Your Life