Write for Us
Are you looking for lifestyle guest post opportunities?
The Violet Journal is a lifestyle blog aimed at women aged 18-34, and is always looking for new and talented writers to submit a guest post in any of our featured categories.
These are currently:
Beauty and Style
Health and Fitness
Jobs and Finance
If you’re interested in contributing an article, then please email your pitch to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you feel as though you have the perfect idea for The Violet Journal but you’re unsure whether your idea fits under any of these categories, then don’t hesitate to get in touch anyway. I value new perspectives and good story telling above anything else.
What Should you Include in your Pitch?
- A link to your blog/website and a little bit about you.
- The title of your proposed guest post (or titles if you have more than one idea).
- A short summary of your idea and what you hope the reader will get out of it.
- Links to 3 of your best articles, whether they’re other guest posts you’ve done or articles published on your own blog. They can be of any length and of any topic.
That’s it! Please don’t pour too much time and energy into your pitch since I can usually tell whether a guest post idea will be a good fit pretty quickly.
Benefits of Writing a Guest Post for The Violet Journal
- Share your work with an engaged audience other than your own.
- Build up your guest posting portfolio.
- Get up to two links back to your own website, and a short ‘about the author’ section at the end of your article.
- Your article will be continually shared on Twitter and Pinterest (1.3k+ followers on both platforms as of July 2020).
- Your article must be over 800 words.
- The Violet Journal values reader experience, so make sure your article offers something valuable to the reader. Whether that’s advice, an entertaining read, or a unique perspective is up to you. Please keep in mind that The Violet Journal’s audience primarily consists of women aged 18-34.
- Do you have an interesting or insightful story to share? The Violet Journal is always looking for fresh perspectives, so personal essays are absolutely allowed.
- Content that has already been published on another site will not be accepted.
- You may send a high quality image if you like, but if not I’ll pick out a suitable stock image.
Self promotion is encouraged, and feel free to include up to two links in your article. But if the sole purpose of the article is to promote your product or service, then this falls more closely under advertising. Instead you should send me an email with the subject line “Sponsored Post”.
Do you Have a Guest Post Ready?
If you’ve already written a guest post you feel is perfect for The Violet Journal, feel free to email it in word document form to email@example.com.
Although if possible, I’d rather you sent through a short pitch first beforehand in case it turns out that your article isn’t a good fit.
If I like your pitch or your article then I’ll get back to you within a week about our next steps.
If you still need more information to establish whether this opportunity is right for you, then please get in touch to ask for a media kit.
I reserve the right to make edits to your article.